Applications and libraries/Games
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
- David Roundy originally developed a Bridge game in Haskell and wrote a versioning system for this project. However as time went by, the versioning project Darcs became the more important part of the development and the bridge game was stalled.
Foo (abbreviation from football) is a playing machine of Paper Soccer, a pencil and paper game for two players, described in Wikipedia. Written in Haskell, contains also simply interface using HOpenGL library. Provides bunch of playing algorithms.
- Frag is a 3D first person shooting game written in Haskell, by Mun Hon Cheong. It uses Yampa, Quake 3 BSP level format and OpenGL. It is licensed under the GPL.
- Haskell in Space
- An asteroid like game
- ASCII tetris in Haskell
- A simple ANSI-graphics space invaders written entirely in Haskell 98. See also hackage and darcs.
- OpenGL Tetris
- Tetris in Haskell with OpenGL
- Chess AI engine
- GTK chess client
- Mage (tar.gz)
- Nethack clone written in Haskell
- Monadius is a shoot 'em up with the selection bar power-up system for Windows, written in Haskell (now on Hackage)
- Paratrooper is a simple action game that runs on Windows and is written in literate Haskell.
- Roguestar is a science fiction adventure role playing game using haskell and OpenGL.
- Octane Mech
- Octane Mech, OpenGL Haskell based mech game
- A 2-D vector graphics upwards-scrolling keyboard-controlled shooter. You shoot the enemies while dodging their bullets until you reach and defeat the enemy.
- An implementatoin of xiangqi for unix, using gtk2hs + cairo
- FunGEn - a game engine for Haskell
- FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a 2D platform-independent game engine implemented in and for Haskell, using HOpenGL. It is intended to help game programmers in the game development process, in a faster and automated way.