Applications and libraries/Music and sound
< Applications and libraries
Revision as of 05:29, 1 April 2006 by DonStewart (structure, +HOpenAL, hsSDL, Minstrel)
- The copyright status of this work is not known. Please help resolve this on the talk page.
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
Music and Sound
- A Haskell Binding for OpenAL and ALUT. The goal of this project is to provide a binding for OpenAL, a cross-platform 3D audio API, appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.
- Contains bindings to libSDL, libSDL_gfx, libSDL_image, libSDL_mixer and libSDL_ttf.
- hmp3 is a curses-based mp3 player frontend to mpg321 and mpg123. It is written in Haskell. It is designed to be simple, fast and robust. It's very stable, with one instance running for several months.
- Minstrel is a curses frontend to the GStreamer library written in Haskell.
- The Haskore Computer Music System
- Haskore is a collection of Haskell modules designed for expressing musical structures in the high-level, declarative style of functional programming. Haskore is a means for describing music - in particular Western Music - rather than sound. It is not a vehicle for synthesizing sound produced by musical instruments, for example, although it does capture the way certain (real or imagined) instruments permit control of dynamics and articulation. Haskore compositions can be translated into various executable formats like MIDI and printed in traditional notation.
- A set of Haskell modules written on top of Haskore to make it easier to sequence simple, repetitive music.