Arch Linux/Arch Haskell Group Maintainership
The Arch Haskell group maintains AUR packages for Haskell. The Arch Haskell packages make up around 10% of total AUR packages (~2000 packages).
To make the task of implementing the Arch Haskell policy of tracking AUR feasible, we take two approaches:
- massive automation of Hackage to AUR regular conversion, via cabal2arch
- group participation in updating packages.
The first step ensures a consistent user experience:
- cabal2arch should be used to generate all Haskell AUR packages,
- which ensures all naming conventions and other policies are followed,
The second point ensures the Arch Haskell project isn't vulernable to "bus errors" where a user burns out.
The job of an Arch Haskell group maintainer
The job of an Arch Haskell maintainer is as follows.
- Ensure AUR tracks Hackage versions of packages.
To do this, the following work is done:
- Watch the Hackage RSS feed
* When new packages appear, attempt to build and upload them, with the "build" script.