Books and tutorials
(Difference between revisions)
(Moved entry for _Categories and Computer Science,_ by R. F. C. Walters, to here from Books and tutorials/Mathematics.)
Revision as of 11:57, 28 July 2008
Some books and links listed here can be found also in the articles of Theoretical foundations category
- Practical Foundations of Mathematics
- Paul Taylor. Cambridge University Press, ISBN: 0-521-63107-6, xii+576 pages, September 2000.
- Toposes, Triples and Theories
- Michael Barr and Charles Wells. The revised version of their formerly Springer Verlag published book is online for free download. Note that they use the name triple instead of monad.
- Categories and Computer Science
- R. F. C. Walters. Cambridge Computer Science Texts, 1991, 176 pages. ISBN 0-52141-997-2 (USD $95.00 (hardcover), USD $34.99 (paperback)).
- Here, Category Theory is developed in a straightforward way, and is enriched with many examples from computer science.
4 Research papers
- Haskell research papers are collected on haskell.org
- Also, an online bibliography of Haskell research at ReadScheme.org
5 Formal Languages and Automata, Grammars and Parsing using Haskell
- Grammars and Parsing by Johan Jeuring and Doaitse Swierstra is available:
- 3.1 The type 'Parser' pp 47
- 3.2 Elementary parsers pp 49
- 3.3 Parser combinator pp 52
- 5.1 Finite state automata pp 85