The Dutch Haskell Users' Group meet monthly in an informal setting. The group was born on 19 April 2009 at Hac5. Since the Haskell programmers in the Netherlands are multilingual, the language used is usually English.
Anyone is welcome to join, from beginners to advanced users.
Do join us!
1 Mailing list
A mailing list dutch-hug is available at Google Groups. On the list, we discuss dates and times for new meetings and other Dutch HUG related affairs.
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 10th at 19:00. No specific plans have been made as of yet, see the mailing list for up to date information.
The sixth meeting was on Monday, October 12th again in the Utrecht University Library. There were two talks:
- Andres Löh talked about lhs2TeX, a tool for typesetting Haskell code using LaTeX. [slides]
- Yaakov Nemoy talked about the status of Haskell packaging in Fedora and how to do it yourself.
The fifth meeting was on Friday, September 11th, in the Utrecht University Library. There were three talks:
- A propositional logic system in Haskell by Thomas B.
- Generic Programming: what, why and how by José Pedro Magalhães (video).
- Extensibility and type safety in formatting: the design of xformat by Sean Leather (video).
Afterwards we relocated to The Basket for some well deserved drinks.
The fourth meeting was in again Utrecht, on Thursday, August 13th.
The third meeting was on Wednesday, July 8th. We met over drinks in Utrecht and chatted about Haskell.
The second meeting was on Tuesday, June 9th at the top floor of the library in Amsterdam. We had interesting conversations, and more than one laptop was pulled out of its bag to show off some Haskell code!
The first meeting was in Utrecht on Tuesday, May 6th 2009. We met over drinks at the Stairway to Heaven.
Note that this schedule is preliminary, please follow the mailing list for up to date information.