The Dutch Haskell User Group meet monthly in an informal setting. The group was born on 19 April 2009 at Hac5. Since the Haskell programmers in the Netherlands are multilingual, the language used is usually English.
Anyone is welcome to join, from beginners to advanced users.
Do join us!
A mailing list dutch-hug is available at Google Groups. On the list, we discuss dates and times for new meetings and other Dutch HUG related affairs.
Dutch HUG day
We're currently in the midst of planning a day long Dutch HUG event to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of our user group.
Proposed activities include:
- (Lightening) talks
- Mini hackathon
The Dutch HUG day is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 24th. As always, for up to date information, see the mailing list.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 13th. But first is the Dutch HUG day on April 24th!.
The eleventh meeting was in Utrecht, on Tuesday, March 9th at the familiar Stairway to Heaven.
On Monday, February 8th we had our second meeting of 2010, again at the Booth Hall of the Utrecht University Library. We had two talks:
- Sebastiaan Visser and Tom Lokhorst talked about their Awesome Prelude. [slides] [code] [video]
- Martijn van Steenbergen talked about serializing monadic computations in a monadic EDSL to describe compass-and-straightedge constructions. [slides] [code] [video]
After the talks we had drinks at The Basket.
The first meeting of 2010 was on Thursday, January 14th in Utrecht.
The eighth and last meeting of 2009 was on Wednesday, December 9th, we met over drinks in Utrecht.
The seventh meeting was in Utrecht, on Tuesday, November 10th.
The sixth meeting was on Monday, October 12th again in the Utrecht University Library. There were two talks:
- Andres Löh talked about lhs2TeX, a tool for typesetting Haskell code using LaTeX. [slides]
- Yaakov Nemoy talked about the status of Haskell packaging in Fedora and how to do it yourself.
The fifth meeting was on Friday, September 11th, in the Utrecht University Library. There were three talks:
- A propositional logic system in Haskell by Thomas B.
- Generic Programming: what, why and how by José Pedro Magalhães (video).
- Extensibility and type safety in formatting: the design of xformat by Sean Leather (video).
Afterwards we relocated to The Basket for some well deserved drinks.
The fourth meeting was in again Utrecht, on Thursday, August 13th.
The third meeting was on Wednesday, July 8th. We met over drinks in Utrecht and chatted about Haskell.
The second meeting was on Tuesday, June 9th at the top floor of the library in Amsterdam. We had interesting conversations, and more than one laptop was pulled out of its bag to show off some Haskell code!
The first meeting was in Utrecht on Tuesday, May 6th 2009. We met over drinks at the Stairway to Heaven.
For the currently scheduled meetings, see the Google calendar or subscribe to the iCal version.
Note that this schedule is preliminary, please follow the mailing list for up to date information.