Difference between revisions of "Extensible record"
m (typographic correction)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
==== CoddFish ====
==== CoddFish ====
[[Libraries and tools/Database interfaces/CoddFish|CoddFish]] is another
[[Libraries and tools/Database interfaces/CoddFish|CoddFish]] is another , type safe database system. As for extensible record system, it uses [http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/HList/ HList --- a Haskell library for strongly typed heterogeneous collections].
Revision as of 21:12, 16 June 2006
Proposals, implementations can be found on the FirstClassLabels page of Haskell' Wiki.
Papers and libraries
- HList --- a Haskell library for strongly typed heterogeneous collections includes also extensible records. Its relatedness to database programming is described in the articles, se also its possible relatedness to HaskellDB project.
- Daan Leijen: First-class labels for extensible rows. See also the description of the Haskell-like language Morrow, it is based on the concepts of the article. And Extensible records with scoped labels: "We describe a natural approach to typing polymorphic and extensible records that is simple, easy to use in practice, and straightforward to implement."
- Simon Peyton Jones and Greg Morrisett: A proposal for records in Haskell
- Mark Jones and Simon Peyton Jones: Lightweight Extensible Records for Haskell
- Mark P. Jones: A prototype implementation of extensible records for Hugs
- Didier Remy's Typing record concatenation for free on Erik Knoop's page
- Benedict R. Gaster, Mark P. Jones: A Polymorphic Type System for Extensible Records and Variants
- Chameleon, a Haskell-like language, see its records
Declarative database management
Such systems can achive more type safety (compared to direct SQL handling).
A problem where some concepts of extensible records could be useful is described in the HaskellDB project. More precisely, the problem is described in the paper downloadable from
- Chalmers version of HaskellDB (see Papers subsection on Documentation)
- which presupposes reading also paper on the Daam Leijen's original HaskellDB page (see Documentation subpage, PostScript version)
CoddFish is another declarative, type safe database system. As for extensible record system, it uses HList --- a Haskell library for strongly typed heterogeneous collections.