There are quite a lot of games, unfinished libraries, and interested people out there - please gather links here and join us on #haskell-game !
Games and game engines
Articles and blog posts
- The Next Mainstream Programming Languages: A Game Developer's Perspective (PPT, PDF) presentation by Tim Sweeney
- wxHaskell - A Portable and Concise GUI Library for Haskell (PDF) - describes an implementation of an asteroids game, wxAsteroids
- Haskell for Games! Blog post, with PDF slides from AngloHaskell talk.
- Postmortem: Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy; an article about a game developed with a DSL compiler written in Lisp
- Games in Haskell - Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood on developing games with OpenGL in Haskell
- hssdl-mac-example - how to make an SDL-using package buildable on mac OSX
- http://codepad.org/LRGEkkDp - initialization for SDL to start rendering OpenGL stuff
- Possible Hackage categorisation guidelines: upload games to Game, engines and libs to Game Engine, or at least to some category beginning with Game, and check latest categories before uploading
Is hackage missing a useful data structure or library for some functionality that would benefit game programming? Suggestions for useful things can be added here as potential projects to hack on.
- Octtree, kd-tree, various space partitioning techniques (maybe start with spacepart).
- Binding to fmod
- Binding to libenet for multiplayer games.