HaBench: The Haskell Benchmark Suite
Recent discussions have illustrated the need for an up-to-date Haskell benchmark suite. The goal would be to package a number of representative benchmarks, written in Haskell, which users can run on their machine. Gathering (and publishing) performance numbers for these benchmarks on a number of different machines will hopefully help in guiding future development of both Haskell compilers and programs.
* Kenneth Hoste - boegel on #haskell@FreeNode (ideas/advice/Wiki page maintainer)
* Donald Bruce Stewart - dons on #haskell@FreeNode (darcs repo maintainer (probably))
* Andy Georges - itkovian on #haskell@FreeNode (measurements/analysis/advice)
* <add your name here if you want to contribute!>
* start from the (out-of-date?) nofib benchmark suite (website) * include Computer Language Shootout submissions (website) * maintain benchmark according to Hackage (Hackage list)
* #haskell IRC channel at Freenode * initial thread @ Haskell mailing list * follow-up thread @ Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Comments? Feel free to add them!