July 22-24 2011
Portland, Oregon, USA
HacPDX-II is an opportunity to join Portland Haskell hackers in building and improving Hackage libraries and tools. The project you hack on can be anything and need-not be pre-existing or general community tools.
During the event, you can reach us at
irc://irc.freenode.net/#hacpdx .. phone number to be announced .. thomas.dubuisson+hacpdx at gmail.com
Also, check the projects page as we update it to see what is happening.
* Calagator : FIXME add url
Friday Sept 22 10:00AM to 5:30 PM Saturday Sept 23 10:00AM to 5:30 PM Sunday Sept 24 10:00AM to 5:30 PM
We can work however late, but tentatively let's plan on eating, drinking and sleeping.
We will be in room 10 (downstairs) of the fourth avenue building, which is part of Portland State University.
As the building is locked during the weekends, Attendees we be let in via the Harrison Street entrance. If you someone walk to a different entrance to get you then you owe them a quine in Haskell.
You should bring a laptop with wireless (802.11). The room has whiteboards and a projector for any discussions or should anyone wish to give a talk.
- 29Jun2011 - Announced HacPDX... #2. Only one month later than intended (note the similarity to HacPDX #1).
Go to the HacPDX Registration page and add your name as an attendee - the selected room can fit a population in the fourties.
Be sure to list any projects in which you're interested!
There are restaurants and food carts in easy walking distance of the venue.
- Hot Lips Pizza, SW 6th and Hall (2 blocks away)
- Taco Del Mar (next door)
- Baan Thai, SW College and Broadway
- Thanh Long, SW College and Broadway (Vietnamese)
- Chipotle, SW College and Broadway
- Cheerful Tortoise, SW College and Broadway (beer and grease)
- Carts all along 4th across from the FAB.
Buses 12, 44, and 17 all stop right outside the Fourth Avenue Building. The Yellow and Green Lines of the MAX stop a few blocks away. If you're biking from the east side just take Hawthorne bridge, a left on first, and a right on Harrison - the building is on the corner of Harrison and 4th.
If you want to attend and are coming from outside of Portland feel free to ask for a hand.
- Thomas DuBuisson (irc: TomMD, e-mail: Thomas.DuBuissonemail@example.com)