July 22-24 2011
Portland, Oregon, USA
HacPDX-II is an opportunity to join Portland Haskell hackers in building and improving Hackage libraries and tools. The project you hack on can be anything and need-not be pre-existing or general community tools.
During the event, you can reach us at
irc://irc.freenode.net/#hacpdx .. phone number to be announced .. thomas.dubuisson+hacpdx at gmail.com
Also, check the projects page as we update it to see what is happening.
* Calagator : FIXME add url
Friday Sept 22 10:00AM to 5:30 PM Saturday Sept 23 10:00AM to 5:30 PM Sunday Sept 24 10:00AM to 5:30 PM
We can work however late, but tentatively let's plan on eating, drinking and sleeping.
We will be in room 10 (downstairs) of the [http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=109280870257923598159.00047041b966a19099376&ll=45.506933,-122.682095&spn=0.022768,0.055661&z=15 | fourth avenue building], which is part of Portland State University.
As the building is locked during the weekends, Attendees we be let in via the Harrison Street entrance. If you someone walk to a different entrance to get you then you owe them a quine in Haskell.
You should bring a laptop with wireless (802.11). The room has whiteboards and a projector for any discussions or should anyone wish to give a talk.
- 29Jun2011 - Announced HacPDX... #2. Only one month later than intended (note the similarity to HacPDX #1).
Go to the HacPDX Registration page and add your name as an attendee - the selected room can fit a population in the fourties.
Be sure to list any projects in which you're interested!
There are restaurants and food carts in easy walking distance of the venue.
- Hot Lips Pizza, SW 6th and Hall (2 blocks away)
- Taco Del Mar (next door)
- Baan Thai, SW College and Broadway
- Thanh Long, SW College and Broadway (Vietnamese)
- Chipotle, SW College and Broadway
- Cheerful Tortoise, SW College and Broadway (beer and grease)
- Carts all along 4th across from the FAB.
Buses 12, 44, and 17 all stop right outside the Fourth Avenue Building. The Yellow and Green Lines of the MAX stop a few blocks away. If you're biking from the east side just take Hawthorne bridge, a left on first, and a right on Harrison - the building is on the corner of Harrison and 4th.
If you want to attend and are coming from outside of Portland feel free to ask for a hand.
- Thomas DuBuisson (irc: TomMD, e-mail: Thomas.DuBuissonfirstname.lastname@example.org)