What we worked on
- Testing and using criterion
- Patches to HDBC and HDBC-sqlite3 to support multi-query execution to make the dbmigrations package work.
- A widget library for VTY.
- A potential new network library got started. Several aspects of design were discussed.
- Reworking of Crypto has started, which involves replacing all [Octet] based digests and ciphers with ByteString equivalents in addition to normalizing the APIs.
- A GUI for HUnit. It's currently feature-low, but functional. It also successfully runs its own tests.
- Simplifed replacement for HLADSPA. Not yet posted.
- extcore and linkcore, tools for manipulating GHC External Core.
-  Performance tuning for both mainline darcs and on the Google Summer of Code branch created by Petr Rockai. The new version is much faster at recording many small files.
- A ByteString backed version of System.FilePath to help Darcs internally when manipulating thousands of FilePaths.
Proposed Projects for HacPDX
Projects you intend to tackle.
|Network APIs||Investigate and test new APIs for potentially replacing network, network-bytestring, and network-fancy||TomMD|
|HPDF||Additional hacking and c bindings||jmelesky|
|HUnit||GUI. Maybe also text UI that isn't horrible||KimWallmark|
|judy||Fast, mutable collection types report||dons|
Additional Project Suggestions
Projects you'd consider, but depends on the interest of other attendees.
|Crypto Part I||Fix up the crypto library - use bytestring, fold in pureMD5/SHA/hecc, provide a new API|
|PNG||Work on Bart Massey's pure-Haskell PNG reading/writing library. Lots to do here.|
|ParseArgs||Clean up and extend a bit Bart Massey's parseargs package.|
|TCP Service||Extract and package the SMTP-style TCP server bits from Bart Massey's MiniChess server.|
|sqlite open_v2()||Add full support for SQlite's open_v2() call to the sqlite package.|
|HaRe||Get it compiling under ghc 6.10; cabalize it.|
|plugins||Tests and examples seem to fail with linking errors on the latest Haskell Platform.|
|wxHaskell||Get this to install on Arch Linux.|
|Kernel Modules||Finish porting a Linux driver to Haskell (mostly means working on the c2hs bindings)|
|Whiteout||I - Echo Nolan - have been working on a BitTorrent client library. It uses fun things like iteratees and STM. If anyone is interested in hearing about/working on it, I'm more than happy to give the guided tour.|
|Lambdabot||Everyone's favorite Haskell IRC bot.|
Crypto 5.0 notes
This would allow digests to be called with a simple "hash" function so long as they have an instance:
newtype SHA1 = SHA1 (Word32, Word32, Word32, Word32, Word32) instance Digest SHA1 SHA1PartialCtx where --Code goes here...
And similarly for block/stream ciphers and RNGs. Also, slurp up the various other crypto libs on hackage.
- Add website and darcs repo to Crypto.cabal.
- Use test-framework.
- Don't build tests by default - use a flag.
- Is firstname.lastname@example.org still the correct contact email? If not, change it in CryptoHomePage.html
- Does the readme *really* have to be in TeX?
- Get a real bugtracker set up? code.haskell.org gives out trac hosting.
- Holy crap that is a lot of warnings.
- QuickCheck 2?
- Echo hates Darcs with a passion.
Greg is working on a plotting library at this repository.