Hac 2007 II/Projects
You can apply for an account and a project using the community server. Ping Igloo on #haskell-hac07 and he'll create the account.
Instructions for setting up repositories go here...
Who knows about what
A list of projects you've worked on or know fairly well:
|dons||ByteString, xmonad, Data.Binary, lambdabot, hmp3, curses, QuickCheck, HPC, hs-plugins, yi, nobench/nofib, ghc|
|Binkley||ghc, darcs (a little bit)|
|skogsbaer (Stefan Wehr)||hscurses, rhaskell|
|Pepe||ghc (front end mostly), ghci debugger, cabal-install (very little)|
|ivant||Functional MetaPost, xmonad|
|kolmodin (Lennart Kolmodin)||Data.Binary, Gentoo Linux, Haste (Haskell Turbo-Edit,a Haskell IDE in Haskell), hackport (hackage for Gentoo), hinotify, dbus-haskell|
|Heffalump (Ganesh Sittampalam)||darcs patch theory|
Please feel free to describe your current project here!
Change Network.* to use strict ByteStrings instead of Strings. It would also be nice to tidy up the #ifdef mess.
Current hacker(s): tibbe (Johan Tibell)
A really cool existing implementation: Probabilistic functional programming
Things to work on:
- Get MaybeT into Hackage.
- Is WriterT really the right monad transformer? We want the join and bind operations, but not the rest of the MonadWriter type class.
- Should probabilities be represented as floats, fractions or a type class?
- Can this run fast enough to be useful?
Current hacker(s): ekidd (Eric Kidd)
Yi needs a lot of love and doesn't work out of the box for me. One of the nice thing to try to do is to add the collaborative editing plugin to yi (in the spirit of the Gobby editor).
- vincenz: Definitely would like to add some usability input here regarding Gobby functionality (having used it and having found it lacking in several areas, areas that could be improved through reusing some darcs theory).
- ivant: also need to add unicode support to yi
Current hacker(s): ivant (Ivan Tarasov)