< Haddock(Difference between revisions)
(Request for more operators)
(Removing ideas that are now implemented or irrelevant.)
|(9 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)|
Revision as of 12:19, 17 December 2012
Most of these ideas are very old, but some may still be relevant.
- It would be good to have a recursive flag that would operate on all the .hs and .lhs files under a single directory.
- Haddock should emit the documentation about instances. For example, it's important to document that the Data.Map instance of Foldable only folds over the values and not the keys.
- There should be an annotation to include a function's entire definition in the documentation. This would be useful for functions like and(.)where the definition is the clearest possible documentation, and for QuickCheck properties that specify the behavior of a library.mapM
- There should be an option to include a simplified implementation of a function that is equivalent to the one in the code. For instance, instead of showing a complex implementation of List.length that makes use of stream fusion we could show a simple one based on foldl'.
- Optionally show qualifications of identifiers, that is print rather thanSequence.map,maprather than justMusic.T. The option for haddock could beT
none(default) strip off qualification (just)map
origshow the identifiers as they are written in the module (e.g.ormap)List.map
fullshow all identifiers with full qualification ()Data.List.map