1 HakkuTaikai: Haskell Hackathon
Sunday, 2011-09-25, National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
HakkuTaikai (aka Gotta Hack 'Em All, Hakkushima & other rejected names) will be held on the Sunday after ICFP/HIM/CUFP has concluded. Given that we have only one day for this hackathon, there won't be time for talks or presentations.
- Time: from 09:00, on Sunday the 25th of September, 2011.
- Location: National Institute of Informatics, Hitotsubashi 2-1-2, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo-to 〒101-8430
- アクセス: 〒101-8430 東京都千代田区一ツ橋2-1-2 国立情報学研究所
- Room: 1208 (12th floor of NII)
Let us know if your accommodation costs for the hackathon would not be covered as part of the conference, and you would like somewhere to crash or help with finding low-cost hostels & c.
If you live locally and can offer accommodation (e.g. a floor or sofa bed or spare futon to crash on), do let us know too.
1.6.1 What to bring
- A laptop with wireless facilities, and appropriate power adaptors for Japan (A,B; 100V, 50Hz; basically the same plug as USA)
- Ethernet access will be difficult. We can probably set up our own wired LAN if necessary. Please let us know if you think you need wired access.
1.6.2 Before you arrive
- Pick out a couple of projects to work on and familiarise yourself with them, or bring your own project(s) to work on. See the projects page for a list of projects others plan to work on. If you plan to work on your own project, be sure to list it on the projects page and set up a public repository if you don't already have one, so that other people can help hack on your project.
- Install an up-to-date Haskell toolchain: at least the latest haskell-platform and cabal-install, or preferably the latest GHC (7.2.1 at time of writing). If you don't already have these installed (or need to install from scratch on the laptop you're bringing), the easiest way is the Haskell Platform.
- Liyang HU <haskathon★liyang.hu>, +81 80 4361 1307
- Zhenjiang HU <hu★nii.ac.jp>
- Conrad Parker (kfish) <conrad★tsurucapital.com>