Haskell mode for Emacs/Hoogle.el
You'll need haskell-mode, at least version 2.2.
- hoogle.el --- functions for looking Haskell symbols up in Hoogle
- Copyright (C) 2007
- Andy Hefner <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, David House <email@example.com>
- David House <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- doc, Haskell, Hoogle, search
- This code comes from hyperclim.el (public domain) and was originally written by
- Andy Hefner (email@example.com)
- modified for Hoogle -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved by David House <email@example.com> - Mar 07
- This file is not part of GNU Emacs
(require 'browse-url) (require 'haskell-mode) (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))
(defvar hoogle-url-base "http://haskell.org/hoogle/?q="
"The base for the URL that will be used for web Hoogle lookups.")
(defvar hoogle-local-command "hoogle"
"The name of the executable used for Hoogle. If this isn't
found in $PATH (using `executable-find'), then a web lookup is used.") (defvar hoogle-always-use-web nil
"Set to non-nil to always use web lookups.")
(defvar hoogle-history nil
"The history of what you've Hoogled for.")
(defun hoogle-lookup (p)
"Lookup the identifier at point in Hoogle. If we can't find an
identifier at the point, or with a prefix arg of 1, prompts for a name to look up. If we can find a Hoogle in the $PATH (using `executable-find' on `hoogle-local-command'), it will be used, unless `hoogle-always-use-web' is non-nil. For web Hoogling, the name is appended to `hoogle-url-base' and `browse-url' is invoked."
(interactive "p") (let ((symbol-name (haskell-ident-at-point))) ;; Read a name to lookup from the minibuffer if we couldn't find one in the ;; file. (unless (and (= 1 p) (stringp symbol-name)) (setq symbol-name (read-from-minibuffer "Hoogle lookup name: " "" nil nil 'hoogle-history))) ;; If we can find a local Hoogle, and the user hasn't told us to always use ;; a web Hoogle, use the local Hoogle, otherwise use the web Hoogle. (if (and (not hoogle-always-use-web) (fboundp 'executable-find) (executable-find hoogle-local-command)) (let ((b (get-buffer-create "*Hoogle output*"))) (shell-command (concat "hoogle " symbol-name) b) (with-current-buffer b (toggle-read-only) (set-buffer-modified-p nil))) (browse-url (concat hoogle-url-base symbol-name)))))
- hoogle.el ends here