Difference between revisions of "Haskell projects needing help"
(Created page with " == Introduction == There are often people looking for useful projects to do and there are always projects needing help. This page is meant to bring people and projects toget...")
Revision as of 13:43, 30 November 2014
There are often people looking for useful projects to do and there are always projects needing help. This page is meant to bring people and projects together. Anyone with a Haskell project needing help, can add their project to this page.
wxHaskell is a portable and native GUI library for Haskell. The goal of the project is to provide an industrial strength GUI library for Haskell, but without the burden of developing (and maintaining) one ourselves.
wxHaskell is therefore built on top of wxWidgets: a comprehensive C++ library that is portable across all major GUI platforms; including GTK, Windows, X11, and MacOS X. Furthermore, it is a mature library (in development since 1992) that supports a wide range of widgets with the native look-and-feel.
What can be done?
Some of the activities:
- Solving bugs
- Adding new features
- Writing sample programs for testing and teaching (for functionality not used in sample programs so far)
- Simplifying installation (e.g. creating a wxWidgets/wxHaskell binary package with installation program). Scripts, used in the passed for this, can be found on GitHub, old binary package are at SourceForge.
- Add/improve descriptions of the wxHaskell API in the source code (include usage samples)
- Write a manual, similar to the wxWidgets manual
- Trying wxHaskell on Android and other new platforms
- Updating the HaskellWiki pages