(Difference between revisions)
(Add notes about differences between old and new wiki.)
Revision as of 17:38, 14 February 2006
1 General Editing Help
Take a look at wikipedia's help, which has all the details of how to format.
2 Differences from old wiki
If you are converting / copying a page from the old wiki, there are few differences in the formatting.
- Numbered lists: Old wiki used 1. for numbered lists, new wiki uses the hash mark #.
- List levels: Old wiki used spaces (AFAICT) to indent lists. New one uses multiple hashes or asterisks. e.g. #** would prefix a third level bullet item under a top level numbered, second level bulleted list.
- Code: Old wiki used three braces to surround code. For this new wiki, delete the braces and then:
- In a list environment, use html (<code></code>) pairs. This also usually requires <br /> tags for line breaking.
- If you are at the main level, you can simply put a space in front of each line.
- General formatting: The old wiki seemed to be somewhat looser in its treatment of spaces and new lines. In the new wiki, a space at the start of a line means to do as is or code type formatting. Extra blank lines between list items will restart lists.
I'm sure there are others, feel free to add as you go :)