Revision as of 02:31, 2 May 2008
This wiki site is supposed to be the place containing all the possible information and documentation for Himerge
1 Latest Release (Beta)
Himerge version 0.20 released on May, 1, 2008.
You always can check the latest himerge screen-shot from this link
- What does Himerge really/exactly stands for?
It technically stands for "Haskell Interface for eMerge" ; though I personally can also think about some funny terms like:
- Hi 'emerge' - High-Emerge - Himerge Is (only) emerge
- How do I install Himerge?
Since emerge is the Gentoo package manager, these instructions are unlikely to work on any other distro/OS unless of course you have installed prefixed portage.
You need to unmask several packages, by putting the following in /etc/portage/package.keywords to run the 'unstable' branch. Note that these are actually developed in the haskell overlay before moving to the portage tree.
# haskell dev-lang/ghc dev-haskell/cabal # haskell deps dev-haskell/mtl dev-haskell/filepath dev-haskell/regex-base dev-haskell/regex-posix dev-haskell/regex-compat # himerge app-portage/himerge dev-haskell/parallel dev-haskell/gtk2hs
If you're currently running stable ghc, you should upgrade ghc first and then run ghc-updater. Either way, it would be good to emerge ghc first, then emerge himerge.
- Every time I try to search for a package I receive the 'Package not found' error
Himerge uses eix for searching packages in the tree, so every time you sync, you also need to update the eix database. After a sync just do Ctrl+U or go to the "Tools -> Update Eix" option in the main menu bar to solve it.
Note: The eix database is automatically updated after every sync operation since Himerge version 0.17.3.
- I get a 'System.Glib error' when trying to run himerge
Check that you have run the script install_data.sh as explained in the readme.txt installation instructions.
- Why the web links don't open in my favorite browser?
Himerge uses the gecko engine of gtkmozembed internally for the web panel, which makes firefox or firefox-alike packages a requirement for the system, so it makes sense to have firefox as the default browser.
- Why do I need to click twice on the packages web link to launch the browser?
This is a work-around due to a gtkmozembed bug, probably related to gtk2hs too. The problem has already been reported and probably will have a fix in the near future.
- Tutorial de Instalación de Himerge: Installation tutorial for latest Himerge version using Portage in Spanish.
- Himerge Installation How To: Installation tutorial for latest Himerge version using Portage.
- Tutorial para Himerge (Spanish): This is a first effort to bring a complete graphical tutorial for Himerge in Spanish.
- Himerge Tutorial (English): Same first effort translated to English.