This wiki site is supposed to be the place containing all the possible information and documentation for Himerge
Latest Release (Beta)
Himerge version 0.18 released on April, 1, 2008.
You always can check the latest himerge screen-shot from this link
- What does Himerge really/exactly stands for?
It technically stands for "Haskell Interface for eMerge" ; though I personally can also think about some funny terms like:
- Hi 'emerge' - High-Emerge - Himerge Is (only) emerge
- How do I install Himerge?
Since emerge is the Gentoo package manager, these instructions are unlikely to work on any other distro/OS unless of course you have installed prefixed portage.
You need to unmask several packages, by putting the following in /etc/portage/package.keywords to run the 'unstable' branch. Note that these are actually developed in the haskell overlay before moving to the portage tree.
# haskell dev-lang/ghc dev-haskell/cabal # haskell deps dev-haskell/mtl dev-haskell/filepath dev-haskell/regex-base dev-haskell/regex-posix dev-haskell/regex-compat # himerge app-portage/himerge dev-haskell/parallel dev-haskell/gtk2hs
If you're currently running stable ghc, you should upgrade ghc first and then run ghc-updater. Either way, it would be good to emerge ghc first, then emerge himerge.
- Every time I try to search for a package I receive the 'Package not found' error
Himerge uses eix for searching packages in the tree, so every time you sync, you also need to update the eix database. After a sync just do Ctrl+U or go to the "Tools -> Update Eix" option in the main menu bar to solve it.
Note: The eix database is automatically updated after every sync operation since Himerge version 0.17.3.
- Tutorial de Instalación de Himerge: Instalation tutorial for latest Himerge version using Portage in Spanish.
- Himerge Installation How To: Instalation tutorial for latest Himerge version using Portage.
- Tutorial para Himerge (Spanish): This is a first effort to bring a complete graphical tutorial for Himerge in Spanish.
- Himerge Tutorial (English): Same first effort translated to English.