How to unpack a tar file in Windows
Revision as of 21:10, 26 October 2007 by Astrolabe
- Download and install 7zip from .
- Add the directory you installed 7zip into to your path (Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables).
- Move the tar file to the directory you wish to unpack into (usually the tar file will put everything into a directory inside this directory).
- Open a command prompt, and cd to the directory.
- Type 7z x filename.tar at the command prompt (where filename.tar is the name of the tar file).