< Library(Difference between revisions)
m (Corrected wrong links (at least))
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 18:39, 4 May 2010
A very simple terminal interface library.
In 150 non-blank non-comment lines of Haskell (and 7 lines of C) vty provides:
- Automatic handling of suspend/resume (SIGTSTP+SIGCONT)
- Automatic handling of window resizes
- Automatic computation of minimal differences
- Minimizes repaint area, thus virtually eliminating the flicker problem that plagues ncurses programs
- Automatically decodes keyboard keys into (key,[modifier]) tuples
- Automatically supports refresh on Ctrl-L.
- Automatically supports timeout after 50ms for lone ESC (a barely noticable delay)
- Extensive color scheme support: background colors, default colors, reverse-video, bold, underline, half-bright, and blinking attributes.
- Unicode characters on output, automatically setting and resetting UTF-8 mode (beware double width and combining characters!)
- Disables ISIG and IXOFF, allowing C-q, C-s, C-c, C-z, and C-\ to be received as input.
- Interface is designed for relatively easy compatible extension.
- No current support for non-ANSI terminals.
- Minimal support for special keys on terminals other than the linux-console. (F1-5 and arrow keys should work, but anything shifted isn't likely to.)
- Uses the TIOCGWINSZ ioctl to find the current window size, which appears to be limited to Linux and *BSD.
darcs get http://code.haskell.org/vty/