Difference between revisions of "Monk upgrade"
m (MonkUpgrade moved to Monk upgrade)
Revision as of 02:55, 26 June 2007
cvs.haskell.org (aka haskell.galois.com; aka monk) is in need of an OS upgrade. It's currently running Debian sarge; the upgrade will be to etch, the current stable version of Debian.
This page is meant to host discussion of
- Which crucial applications will be upgraded (with specific version numbers)?
- What config files will need tweaking?
- What binary data stores (e.g., database disk files) will need processing?
- The downtime plan
- Regression tests (including who will carry them out)
- Rollback plan(s)
- Wider post-upgrade testing and observations
Which crucial applications will be upgraded?
Notes on re-configuration...
MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, BerkeleyDB -- which of them are in active use and candidates for upgrades? Their data stores will likely need a dump and restore...
The downtime plan in as much detail as possible.
Regression tests -- preferably scripted, with "owner" who decides how to proceed in event of failure.
Post-Upgrade Notes and Observations
Anything we learned or observed that will be helpful as we move forward?
Heinlein 19:04, 25 June 2007 (UTC)