Parallelism and Concurrency in Haskell
Haskell supports both pure parallelism and explicit concurrency. How would you like to begin?
- Speed up your code by making it run on multicore:
- Start with Control.Parallel (pseq, par) and refine with Strategies
- Manage simultaneous IO actions (eg. multiple connections on a web server)
- Start with Concurrent Haskell (forkIO, MVar)
- Work with clusters or do distributed programming
- Learn about concurrency first and then use the Haskell MPI bindings.
- Meanwhile look out for ongoing research into distributed Haskell.
- The parallel-haskell mailing list
- Follow @parallelhaskell on Twitter
- StackOverflow on Haskell parallelism and concurrency
- Threadscope - parallel programs not getting faster? Use the Threadscope debugger and watch sparks fly.
- Comprehensive list of Parallelism and Concurrency libraries