(add link to hackage)
(+ perl module)
|(15 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
Revision as of 17:33, 10 December 2011
Parsec is an industrial strength, monadic parser combinator library for Haskell. It can parse context-sensitive, infinite look-ahead grammars but it performs best on predictive (LL) grammars.
Parsec lets you construct parsers by combining higher-order Combinators to create larger expressions. Combinator parsers are written and used within the same programming language as the rest of the program. The parsers are first-class citizens of the language , unlike Happy parsers, which must be generated via a preprocessor.
An example for parsing a simple grammar of expressions can be found here.
Much more documentation can be found on the parsec website.
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
- Write Yourself a Scheme in 48 Hours/Parsing. Note, that where the example uses the read function, the Token module of Parsec could have been used, to handle numbers.
See also the list of reverse dependencies for Parsec.
4 Parsec clones in other languages
- PCL for O'Caml http://lprousnth.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/pcl.pdf
- JParsec for Java http://jparsec.codehaus.org/JParsec+Overview
- NParsec, JParsec ported to C# http://jparsec.codehaus.org/NParsec+Tutorial
- Ruby Parsec, JParsec ported to Ruby http://jparsec.codehaus.org/Ruby+Parsec
- FParsec for F# http://www.quanttec.com/fparsec/
- Parsec-Erlang, http://bitbucket.org/dmercer/parsec-erlang/ is a faithful reproduction of Parsec in Erlang (there is also an older toy Parsec-like parser that isn't monadic, nor does it give error messages: http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~jeffm/Source/Erlang/)
- AliceParsec for Alice ML http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/contribs.html
- Parsnip for C++ http://parsnip-parser.sourceforge.net/
- Somewhere there is a Nemerle port
- Pysec for Python http://www.valuedlessons.com/2008/02/pysec-monadic-combinatoric-parsing-in.html
Interesting non-Parsec parser combinator libraries:
- Parse::RecDescent for Perl https://metacpan.org/module/Parse::RecDescent
- Spirit for C++ http://spirit.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
5.2 Blog articles
- Adventures in parsing by Magnus Therning
- More adventures in parsing
- Adventures in parsing, part 3
- Adventures in parsing, part 4
- Adventures in Parsec by Antoine Latter
- Parsec on Stack Overflow