Practice of Functional Programming
Revision as of 21:01, 3 October 2009
Practice of Functional Programing — a Russian electronic magazine dedicated to promote functional programming, with both theoretical and explanatory articles as well as practical ones (FP success stories). Much of the material is often related to Haskell. Visit the Official web-site of this magazine (in Russian).
The magazine is officially registered with ISSN 2075-8456.
We want to distribute this magazine free of charge. But it's hard to create it for free. So you can make a donation with WebMoney (R218751601599), Yandex.Money (41001450150424) or PayPal (donation with a simple credit card). The editorial and authors staff will be grateful for any pecuniary aid.
1 First issue
The first issue was released on July 20, 2009. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles (the links point to HTML versions of the articles):
- Lazy to Fear by Serguey A. Zefirov
- Functions and Functional Approach by Roman V. Dushkin
- The Perils of Mutable State and Methods for Fighting Them by Eugene R. Kirpichov
- I haven't Taken the Checkers for a Long Time (there is a play of words in Russian) by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Haskell Monoids and their Uses by Dan Piponi (translated into Russian by Kirill V. Zaborski)
- An Overview of Bibliography on Functional Programming by Alexey Y. Ott
The editor of the first issue is Lev Walkin.
2 Second issue
The second issue was released on September 28, 2009. It was devoted mainly to FP success stories. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles:
- The History of One Compiler Development by Dmitry Zuikov
- Use of Haskell for Maintenance of a Mission-critical Informational System by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Prototyping with the Aid of Functional Languages by Serguey A. Zefirov and Vladislav Balin
- Use of Scheme in Development of the Dozor-Jet Product Set by Alexey Y. Ott
- How to Steal a Billion by Alexander Samoilovich
- Algebraic Data Types and their Uses in Programming by Roman V. Dushkin
The editor of the second issue is Lev Walkin.
3 Third issue
The third issue is in the works and planned to be released on November 20, 2009.
The editors of the third issue are Lev Walkin and Dmitry E. Astapov.