This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Of the "official" images currently available from the Raspberry Pi Downloads page, the following versions of GHC are available
- Arch Linux - 6.12.3-1
- Debian Squeeze - 6.12.1-13
- Debian Wheezy - 7.4.1-3
- Raspbian Jessie - 7.6.3-21+rpi1
There seemed to be a point where GHCi was merged into version 7.4.2., and it may still be possible to install it in an experimental manner, but it is not (currently) available in the Debian Raspberry Pi repository. Here is a discussion thread wherein djhuk describes compiling and installing GHC-7.4.2 via QEMU to the Raspberry Pi, with incomplete GHCi functionality.
To build a cross-compiler from Linux to Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian), see the GHC Trac.
- This package allows using an Adafruit character LCD and keypad kit on a Raspberry Pi from Haskell.
- A Haskell binding to the wiringPi library, for using GPIO on the Raspberry Pi
The main issue encountered so far is the memory limitations of the devices with 256 MB RAM; GHC will execute fine, but problems will start to arise when using cabal-install to install new libraries, especially ones with lots of dependencies. (Recent model B boards have 512 MB on board , Raspberry Pi 2 Model B boards have 1GB on board.)
Potential solutions to this problem have been suggested, including using QEMU on a more powerful system and thus compiling your application there and copying the resulting binary across to your Raspberry Pi
- Heitz, Ryan Hello Raspberry Pi!. Manning Publications (2015). p.p. 225. ISBN 9781617292453