Research papers/Runtime systems
< Research papers(Difference between revisions)
(+"A language-based approach to unifying events and threads")
Revision as of 03:24, 15 August 2006
- Implementing lazy functional languages on stock hardware: the Spineless Tagless G-machine
- SL Peyton Jones, Journal of Functional Programming 2(2), Apr 1992, pp127-202.
- How to make a fast curry: push/enter vs eval/apply
- Simon Marlow and Simon Peyton Jones, Proc International Conference on Functional Programming, Snowbird, Sept 2004, pp4-15.
- The New GHC/Hugs Runtime System
- Simon Marlow and Simon Peyton Jones. (Unpublished.)
- The interactive Lazy ML System
- Lennart Augustsson, J. Funct. Program. 3(1): 77-92 (1993)
- Stretching the storage manager: weak pointers and stable names in Haskell
- Simon Peyton Jones, Simon Marlow, and Conal Elliott. Proc Workshop on Implementing Functional Languages, 1999.
- Putting the Spine back in the Spineless Tagless G-machine: An Implementation of Resumable Blackholes
- A. Reid, In Proceedings of Implementation of Functional Languages (IFL98), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 1595, pp 189-202, Springer Verlag, 1999.
- The Brisk Machine: A Simplified STG Machine
- Ian Holyer and Eleni Spiliopoulou. University of Bristol. Technical Report CSTR-98-003. March 1998.
- The Brisk Machine: the Next Step in the Execution of Functional Languages
- Eleni Spiliopoulou. Proceedings of Festival Workshop in Foundations and Computations, FC'00. July 2000.
- The GRIN Project: A Highly Optimising Back End For Lazy Functional Languages
- Urban Boquist and Thomas Johnsson. 8th International Workshop on Implementation of Functional Languages. LNCS 1268. September 1996.
- Formally-based profiling for higher-order functional languages
- PM Sansom and SL Peyton Jones, ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, 19(2), March 1997, pp 334-385.
- Time and space profiling for non-strict functional languages
- P Sansom and SL Peyton Jones, 22nd ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL'95), San Francisco, Jan 1995, pp355-366.
- Execution profiling for non-strict functional languages
- P Sansom, PhD thesis, University of Glasgow, Nov 1994.
- Heap Profiling of Lazy Functional Programs
- Colin Runciman and David Wakeling. York University. YCS-92-172. 1992.
- New Dimensions in Heap Profiling
- Colin Runciman and Niklas Rojemo. York University. YCS-95-256. 1995.
2 Garbage collection
- Exploring the Barrier to Entry: Incremental Generational Garbage Collection for Haskell
- Andy Cheadle, Tony Field, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, and Lyndon While, International Symposium on Memory Management, Vancouver, 2004.
- Non-stop Haskell
- Andy Cheadle, Tony Field, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, and Lyndon While. ICFP 2000.
- Generational garbage collection for Haskell
- P Sansom and SL Peyton Jones Proc Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture (FPCA'93), Copenhagen, June 1993, pp106-116.
- An Incremental Garbage Collector for Embedded Real-Time Systems,
- Malcolm Wallace and Colin Runciman. Proceedings of Chalmers Winter Meeting, June 1993.
- Fixing some space leaks with a garbage collector
- Philip Wadler. Software Practice and Experience, 17(9):595-608, September 1987.
3 Optimistic Evaluation
- Optimistic Evaluation: an adaptive evaluation strategy for non-strict programs
- Robert Ennals and Simon Peyton Jones, Proc ACM International Conference on Functional Programming, Uppsala, Aug 2003 (ICFP'03).
- Eager Haskell: Resource-bounded Execution Yields Efficient Iteration
- Jan-Willem Maessen. Proceedings of the 2002 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 38 - 50. 2002 ISBN 1-58113-605-6
- Cheap Eagerness: Speculative Evaluation in a Lazy Functional Language
- Karl-Filip Fax�n. ICFP 2000. September 2000.
- Plugging Haskell In
- Andre Pang, Don Stewart, Sean Seefried, and Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell, pages 10-21. ACM Press, 2004
- Dynamic Applications From the Ground Up
- Don Stewart and Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell, pages 27-38. ACM Press, 2005.
5 Loop detection
- A Loop-detecting Interpreter for Lazy, Higher-order Programs
- Alex Ferguson and John Hughes. The 1992 Glasgow Workshop on Functional Programming. 85-101
- Extending the Haskell Foreign Function Interface with Concurrency
- Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, and Wolfgang Thaller, Proceedings of the Haskell Workshop, Snowbird, Sept 2004.
- Concurrent Haskell
- SL Peyton Jones, A Gordon, S Finne, 23rd ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, St Petersburg Beach, Florida, Jan 1996, pp295-308.
- Tackling the awkward squad: monadic input/output, concurrency, exceptions, and foreign-language calls in Haskell
- In "Engineering theories of software construction", ed Tony Hoare, Manfred Broy, Ralf Steinbruggen, IOS Press, ISBN 1 58603 1724, 2001, pp47-96.
- Developing a high-performance web server in Concurrent Haskell
- Simon Marlow. Journal of Functional Programming, 12(4+5):359--374, July 2002
- A language-based approach to unifying events and threads
- Peng Li and Steve Zdancewic, April 2006.
7 Parallel Haskell
- Haskell on a Shared-Memory Multiprocessor
- Tim Harris, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones) Haskell '05: Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell, pages 49--61, Tallinn, Estonia, ACM Press, September 2005
8 Software transactional memory
- Composable Memory Transactions
- Tim Harris, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, Maurice Herlihy. PPoPP'05: ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, Chicago, Illinois, June 2005
- Lock Free Data Structures using STMs in Haskell
- Anthony Discolo, Tim Harris, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, Satnam Singh) FLOPS 2006: Eighth International Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming, Fuji Susono, JAPAN, April 2006
9 Foreign language interfaces
- Scripting COM components in Haskell
- SL Peyton Jones, E Meijer, and D Leijen, Software Reuse 1998.
- Calling hell from heaven and heaven from hell
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer, and Simon Peyton Jones. ICFP '99.
- Green Card: a foreign-language interface for Haskell
- T Nordin and SL Peyton Jones, Proceedings of the Haskell Workshop, Amsterdam, June 1997.
- Calling heaven from hell, and hell from heaven
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer and Simon Peyton Jones. ICFP'99
- C -> Haskell, or Yet Another Interfacing Tool
- Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Pieter Koopman and Chris Clack, editors, Implementation of Functional Languages, 11th. International Workshop (IFL'99), Springer-Verlag, LNCS 1868, 2000.
- H/Direct: A Binary Foreign Language Interface for Haskell
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer and Simon Peyton Jones. Presented at the International Conference on Functional Programming, Baltimore, M
- Template Greencard
- A. Reid. To be presented at IFL 2003, 15th International Workshop on the Implementation of Functional Languages, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 8-10, 2003.