Research papers/Testing and correctness
Tracing and debugging
- Freja, Hat and Hood - A Comparative Evaluation of Three Systems for Tracing and Debugging Lazy Functional Programs
- Olaf Chitil, Colin Runciman, and Malcolm Wallace. Proceedings of the 12th International Workshop on Implementation of Functional Languages, Aachen, Germany, September 4th - 7th 2000, LNCS 2011, 2001, pp. 176--193
- Multiple-View Tracing for Haskell - a New Hat
- Malcolm Wallace, Olaf Chitil, Thorsten Brehm, and Colin Runciman. (draft)
- Lazy algorithmic debugging: ideas for practical implementation.
- Henrik Nilsson and Peter Fritzson. In Peter Fritzson, editor, Automated and Algorithmic Debugging, volume 749 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 117 - 134, Linkping, Sweden, May 1993.
- Henrik Nilsson and Peter Fritzson.
- Algorithmic debugging for lazy functional languages. Journal of Functional Programming, 4(3):337 - 370, July 1994.
- A declarative approach to debugging for lazy functional languages.
- Henrik Nilsson. Licentiate Thesis No. 450, Department of Computer and Information Science, Linkpings universitet, S-581 83, Linkping, Sweden, September 1994.
- The architecture of a debugger for lazy functional languages.
- Jan Sparud and Henrik Nilsson. In Mireille Ducass, editor, Proceedings of AADEBUG '95, 2nd Internatinal Workshop on Automated and Algorithmic Debugging, Saint-Malo, France, May 1995, IRISA, Campus Universitaire de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes, Cedex, France.
- The evaluation dependence tree: an execution record for lazy functional debugging
- Henrik Nilsson and Jan Sparud. Research Report LiTH-IDA-R-96-23, Department of Computer and Information Science, Linkpings universitet, S-581 83, Linkping, Sweden, August 1996.
- The evaluation dependence tree as a basis for lazy functional debugging
- Henrik Nilsson and Jan Sparud. Automated Software Engineering, 4(2):121 - 150, April 1997.
- Declarative Debugging for Lazy Functional Languages
- Henrik Nilsson. PhD Thesis No. 430, Department of Computer and Information Science, Linkpings universitet, S-581 83, Linkping, Sweden, May 1998.
- Tracing piece by piece: affordable debugging for lazy functional languages
- Henrik Nilsson. Proceedings of the 1999 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, pages 36 - 47, Paris, France, September 1999.
- How to look busy while being as lazy as ever: the implementation of a lazy functional debugger
- Henrik Nilsson. Journal of Functional Programming, 11(6):629 - 671, November 2001
- Testing and Tracing Lazy Functional Programs Using QuickCheck and Hat
- Koen Claessen, Colin Runciman, Olaf Chitil, and John Hughes. In Advanced Functional Programming: 4th International School, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2638, pp. 59--99, Springer Verlag, 2002.
- HsDebug: Debugging Lazy Programs by Not Being Lazy
- Robert Ennals and Simon Peyton-Jones. Cambridge University, Microsoft Research.
- Buddha: A Declarative Debugger for Haskell
- By Bernie Pope. Honours Thesis.
- Augmenting Trace-based Functional Debugging
- Alastair Penney. PhD. Thesis. University of Bristol. September 1999.
- Towards a theory of tracing for functional programs based on graph rewriting
- Olaf Chitil and Yong Luo. In Ian Mackie, editor, Draft Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting, Termgraph 2006, page 10, April 2006.
- A semantics for tracing. Olaf Chitil
- In Thomas Arts and Markus Mohnen, editors, Draft Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Implementation of Functional Languages, IFL 2001, pages 249-254, lvsj, Sweden, September 2001. Ericsson Computer Science Laboratory.
- Testing Monadic Programs with QuickCheck
- Koen Claessen, John Hughes. SIGPLAN Notices 37(12): 47-59 (2002)
- QuickCheck: A Lightweight Tool for Random Testing of Haskell Programs
- Koen Claessen and John Hughes. In Proc. of International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP), ACM SIGPLAN, 2000.
- Specification Based Testing with QuickCheck
- Koen Claessen and John Hughes. In Jeremy Gibbons and Oege de Moor (eds.), The Fun of Programming, Cornerstones of Computing, pp. 17--40, Palgrave, 2003.
- QuickCheck: Specification-based Random Testing
- Koen Claessen. Presentation at Summer Institute on Trends in Testing: Theory, Techniques and Tools, August 2004.
- Testing Implementations of Formally Verified Algorithms
- Thomas Arts, Koen Claessen, John Hughes, and Hans Svensson. In Proc. of Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice (SERPS), Mlardalen University, October 2005.
- Unit Testing with HUnit
- Dean Herington. 2002.
- Lazy assertions
- Olaf Chitil, Dan McNeill, and Colin Runciman. In Draft Proceedings of the 15th International Workshop on Implementation of Functional Languages, IFL 2003, pages 31-46, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 2003.]
- Testing Telecoms Software with Quviq QuickCheck
- Thomas Arts, John Hughes, Joakim Johansson, Ulf Wiger, Proceedings of the Fifth ACM SIGPLAN Erlang Workshop - 2006
Verifying Haskell programs
- Formulating Haskell
- Simon Thompson. Technical Report 29-92*, University of Kent, Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, November 1992.
- Verifying Haskell Programs by Combining Testing and Proving
- By Peter Dybjer, Qiao Haiyan and Makoto Takeyama. Proceedings 3rd International Conference on Quality Software, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp. 272-279.
- Verifying Haskell Programs Using Constructive Type Theory
- Andreas Abel, Marcin Benke, Ana Bove, John Hughes, Ulf Norell. Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell, Tallinn, Estonia 62-73, 2005, ISBN 1-59593-071-X
- Putting Curry-Howard to Work
- Tim Sheard, Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell. Tallinn, Estonia, 74 - 85, 2005 ISBN 1-59593-071-X
- Extended Static Checking for Haskell
- Dana Xu, Haskell Workshop 2006
- Unfailing Haskell: A static checker for pattern matching
- Neil Mitchell, Colin Runciman, Trends in Functional Programming 2005.
- Algebraic methods for optimization problems
- Richard Bird, Jeremy Gibbons, and Shin Cheng Mu. In Roland Backhouse, Roy Crole, and Jeremy Gibbons, editors, Algebraic and Coalgebraic Methods in the Mathematics of Program Construction, volume 2297 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 281-307. Springer-Verlag, 2002.
- Proof-directed debugging: revisited
- Kwangkeun Yi. JFP. 16(6):663-670
- Language-Based Program Verification via Expressive Types
- Martin Sulzmann and Razvan Voicu. In Programming Languages meet Program Verification (PLPV'06)
- Proving Correctness via Free Theorems: The Case of the destroy/build-Rule
- Janis Voigtländer. Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (PEPM'08), Proceedings, ACM Press, 2008.
- T Tsai, A Russo, J Hughes .
See also work on verifying microkernels in Haskell
- Typed Contracts for Functional Programming
- Ralf Hinze, Johan Jeuring and Andres Lh. In Philip Wadler and Masimi Hagiya, editors, Proceedings of the Eighth International Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming (FLOPS 2006), 24-26 April 2006, Fuji Susono, Japan.