Talk:Questions and answers
Is this a good place to ask questions? MathematicalOrchid 15:30, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- not yet at least. try the #haskell irc channel on freenode which is usually manned by at least a few very helpfull people. alternatively try the haskell-cafe mailing list --Johannes Ahlmann 12:29, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- I tried the IRC channel. 300+ people and nobody speaking. Not very helpful. MathematicalOrchid 13:23, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Not wishing to belabour the point, but I did spend over an hour in that channel. Several people came in and asked perfectly reasonably questions, but were greeted only by absolute silence... (Search the logs. My name is in there... somewhere.) MathematicalOrchid 22:10, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- When was this? -- kowey 23:56, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Much to my irritation, it appears that ChatZilla doesn't keep track of such information. I know it was probably in November 2006 sometime... but that's a lot of searching to do. I did check my diary, but apparently I didn't write it down there either. Oh well. MathematicalOrchid 15:48, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not keen on mailing lists. Too many people talking across each other about totally unrelated topics. It's too difficult to untangle all the threads. I prefer NNTP or web forums...