m (Added link to "unsafe" keyword in FFI.)
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 11:45, 8 June 2008
There are a number of unsafe functions in the libraries.
- unsafePerformIO :: IO a -> a
- unsafeInterleaveIO :: IO a -> IO a
- unsafeInterleaveST :: ST s a -> ST s a
- unsafeIOToST :: IO a -> ST s a
- unsafeIOToSTM :: IO a -> STM a
- unsafeFreeze, unsafeThaw
- unsafeCoerce# :: a -> b
- seq :: a -> b -> b
Unsafe functions can break type safety (unsafeCoerce#, unsafePerformIO), interfere with lazy IO (unsafeInterleaveIO), or break parametricity (seq).Their use (except in the case of
kind of assurance on the part of the programmer that what they're doing is safe.
"unsafe" is also a keyword which can be used in a foreign import declaration.
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.