There are a number of unsafe functions in the libraries.
- unsafePerformIO :: IO a -> a
- unsafeInterleaveIO :: IO a -> IO a
- unsafeInterleaveST :: ST s a -> ST s a
- unsafeIOToST :: IO a -> ST s a
- unsafeIOToSTM :: IO a -> STM a
- unsafeFreeze, unsafeThaw
- unsafeCoerce# :: a -> b
- seq :: a -> b -> b
Unsafe functions can break type safety (unsafeCoerce#, unsafePerformIO), interfere with lazy IO (unsafeInterleaveIO), or break paramatericity (seq).There use (except in the case of
kind of assurance on the part of the programmer that what they're doing is safe.
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.