This page provides a list of missing and found libraries for solving common real world programmer tasks.
If you think there should be a library for some common task, add it to this page, and someone may well step up and write it. If you know of a library to solve an open problem domain, link to it.
The first place to look is the full libraries list.
Missing libraries (by problem domain)
Stuff to compute bessel functions, struve H1 etc.
Add any common problem areas for which libraries are missing.
We could use a .NET FFI library that lets you easily call into the .NET framework. Perhaps the (abandoned?) Hugs .NET FFI library could be resurrected/updated and ported to GHC? Maybe a tool could even be created that automates the interoperability of Haskell and arbitrary .NET libraries?
Could be improved
Problems with existing solutions, that could be improved.
- The core HTTP libraries need a lot of work. There is the beginnings of a useful library there, but many http codes are not handled, and there should be simple 'get' and 'head' functionality.
- Binary serialisation support should be ported to bytestring, and added to the extralibs bundle
- Support for wider Word values in bytestring.
- Adding bytestring support to Parsec.
- Simple process forking/popen, of type
String -> IO String, is needed (the implementation should be in base)
If you have code that improves on something in the base libraries, you might consider submitting it to the libraries process, so it can appear in the standard libraries.
Existing libraries (by problem domain)
See GUI libraries
High performance string IO
See String libraries
See Binary IO
See Compressing data
See Crypto libraries
See Web frameworks
See XML handling
Add more problem domains that you feel we need libraries for!