(Difference between revisions)
Latest revision as of 23:44, 29 March 2008
This page is for keeping a record of significant changes in darcs xmonad and xmonad-contrib since the 0.6 release. The idea is to put here a list of things which a user upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7 might like to know, so that they are sure to be included in the 0.7 release notes.
 1 Changes to the xmonad core
 2 Changes in xmonad-contrib
 2.1 New contrib modules
- XMonad.Actions.Promote moves the focused window to the master area without changing the order of other windows.
 2.2 Removed
- XMonad.Actions.WmiiActions removed in favor of DirExec.
- XMonad.Actions.RotView no longer exists; XMonad.Actions.CycleWS now subsumes the former functionality of RotView plus some additional functionality as well. See the documentation for CycleWS for information on switching from RotView.
- XMonad.Util.Anneal and XMonad.Layout.Mosaic are gone.
 2.3 Improved
- XMonad.Util.EZConfig now includes a number of functions which allow you to specify keybindings in a special string format, like "M-x" instead of (modMask, xK_x).
- XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog configuration now includes a configurable workspace sorting algorithm, and vastly improved documentation and examples.
- XMonad.Actions.WindowGo now includes "run or raise" functionality, for either starting a program, or raising its window if it is already running.
- XMonad.Hooks.ManageHelpers includes two new actions, doRectFloat and doCenterFloat, to float windows with a particular geometry, or in the center of the screen, respectively.
- XMonad.Hooks.EwmhDesktops now supports interaction from window lists and panels. You need to add a special layout modifier to your config for that, see the modules documentation.
- smartBorders from XMonad.Layout.NoBorders now removes borders from floating fullscreen windows.