(Removed obsolete links, added a link to the SpaceInvaders package)
(Added categories Arrow and FRP)
Revision as of 21:48, 29 March 2011
Yampa is a domain-specific embedded language for the programming of hybrid systems using the concepts of Functional Reactive Programming (FRP). Yampa is structured using Arrows, which greatly reduce the chance of introducing space- and time-leaks into reactive, time-varying systems.
Yampa was originally developed by the Yale Haskell Group.
- YampaSynth - is a software synthesizer implemented in Haskell using Yampa. It contains a framework of sound generating and sound shaping modules (e.g. oscillator, amplifier, mixer, envelope generator, filter, etc.) and example applications.
- Space Invaders; a video game, demonstrating the usage of Yampa
2 External Links
- Yampa-Users mailing list - Yampa-related comments, questions, discussions, and announcements. You can also send bug reports to email@example.com.
- George Giorgidze is working on YampaSynth, a modular music synthesizer written in Haskell and using Yampa.
- Blog about Yampa - introduction tutorials and diagrams