|Part of Yhc
Features of Gyhe:
- Single and multi-line input
- Cross-platform gui (works on Linux, Windows and MacOS)
- Syntax-highlighting of input with gtksourceview widget
Gyhe is still very much alpha software - if you need a stable haskell gui, I'd suggest you use WinHugs. That said, if you want to try Gyhe:
- Ensure that you have the development version of Gtk2hs installed.
- Get the yhc-devel branch of Yhc from darcs, and install it. Please see Yhc/Introduction for details on how to do this.
- Change your working directory to yhc-devel/src/interactive/
- Run 'make gui', and the gyhe executable should be created in yhc-devel/inst/bin/.
Mac OSX users will have to run an X server to run Gyhe.
Any comments or patches you have would be welcome.
Sensible short-term aims:
- Add lazy evaluation - currently we only get a result after the program terminates
- Add file URI support to link to a file and load a text editor. Currently waiting for parsable error messages from the Yhc developers.
- Fix the makefile to detect the sourceview widget - at the moment it is always off at compile-time
Less sensible longer-term aims: