- How do I install yi?
- get it from hackage. Configure, compile and install yi as you would do for any other Cabal package.
- Setup.hs does not compile!
- You need to use Cabal version 1.2.3. To make sure you use it, do:
ghc -package Cabal-18.104.22.168 --make Setup.hs
./Setup configure ...
- Setup configure fails with
"Setup.hs: Package yi-0.3 can't be built on this system."
- it means that you have no UI package available. You need vty or gtk2hs installed. Get them from hackage.
- I get "No instance for (RegexLike Regex B.ByteString)"
- It *could* be that the regex-instance in your ByteString is only an instance for the newer regex-package. That is, your newly installed regex-posix-0.72.0.2 doesn't "see" the ByteString instance, because it was only defined for the regex-posix-0.93.1 package that bytestring know about when it was built. This is yet another aspect of a known, tricky Cabal bug.