Preparing a release for Yi is not as trivial as it seems: there are quite a few people interested, and screwing up is therefore not good :)
I advise the following steps:
- Make sure the quality is acceptable
- Update the contributors list
- Prepare a source tarball
- Test it; in particular, make sure Yi can be installed on a fresh box without undue hassle.
- Have yi-devel people test it (as above)
- When ok, tag the version with release number.
- Prepare release notes
- release notes should be hosted on a server that can stand a bit of load; last time haskell.org was taken down because the Yi wiki page was posted on Reddit. There should at least be some buffer between what will endup in news and the wiki page.
- screenshots are nice, think of including one.
- Upload on Hackage
- post announce on haskell.org. Previous releases: