Preparing a release for Yi is not as trivial as it seems: there are quite a few people interested, and screwing up is therefore not good :)
I advise the following steps:
- Make sure the quality is acceptable
- Update the contributors list
- Prepare a source tarball
- Prepare haddocked API html
- Test it; in particular, make sure Yi can be cabal-installed easily.
- Have yi-devel people test it (as above)
- When ok, tag the version with release number and make corresponding tarball.
- Prepare release notes
- release notes should be hosted on a server that can stand a bit of load; 0.2 release took down haskell.org because the Yi wiki page was posted on Reddit. There should at least be some buffer between what will endup in news and the wiki page.
- screenshots are nice, think of including one.
- Upload tarball on Hackage
- Upload doc (Hackage too?)
- post announce on haskell.org. Previous releases: