Applications and libraries/Games
< Applications and libraries
Revision as of 21:13, 7 August 2010 by Henk-Jan van Tuyl (Added links to GeBoP, babylon and hfiar)
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
- An implementation of a simple 2-player board game. Uses wxHaskell.
- David Roundy originally developed a Bridge game in Haskell and wrote a versioning system for this project. However as time went by, the versioning project Darcs became the more important part of the development and the bridge game was stalled.
- Endless Cavern
- A 2D procedurally-generated cave exploration game.
- Foo (abbreviation from football) is a playing machine of Paper Soccer, a pencil and paper game for two players. It contains a simple interface using HOpenGL library and provides many playing algorithms.
- Frag is a 3D first person shooting game written in Haskell, by Mun Hon Cheong. It uses Yampa, Quake 3 BSP level format and OpenGL. It is licensed under the GPL.
- The General Boardgames Player, offers a set of board games: Ataxx, Bamp, Halma, Hez, Kram, Nim, Reversi, TicTacToe, and Zenix. It uses wxHaskell.
- Haskell in Space
- An asteroid like game
- ASCII tetris in Haskell
- Four in a Row in Haskell. Uses wxHaskell.
- A simple ANSI-graphics space invaders written entirely in Haskell 98. See also hackage and darcs.
- Chess AI engine
- A Haskell implementation of hashlife (not complete). It uses GLUT.
- GTK chess client
- Lost Cities
- A two-player card game where each player tries to mount profitable expeditions. It uses wxHaskell.
- Nethack clone written in Haskell (The web site have this mage-1.0.pre35.tar.gz file containing an older version that was using Data.FiniteMap.) There seems to be a problem with newer curses library even with the more recent 1.1.0 version.
- Role-Playing Game (influenced by Nethack), complete and fully playable. Console mode only.
- Monadius is a shoot 'em up with the selection bar power-up system for Windows, written in Haskell (now on Hackage)
- Octane Mech
- Octane Mech, OpenGL Haskell based mech game
- OpenGL Tetris
- Tetris in Haskell with OpenGL
- Paratrooper is a simple action game that runs on Windows and is written in literate Haskell.
- 2D puzzle game featuring a fuzzy little cat (uses GLUT)
- Roguestar is a science fiction adventure role playing game using Haskell and OpenGL.
- A 2-D vector graphics upwards-scrolling keyboard-controlled shooter. You shoot the enemies while dodging their bullets until you reach and defeat the enemy.
- TriHs (tar.gz)
- A 1- or 2-player Tetris game using Gtk2Hs and Cairo.
- Your space ship enters an asteroid belt, try to avoid collisions! wxAsteroids is based on wxHaskell.
- An implementation of xiangqi for Unix, using gtk2hs + cairo
Game Engines and Libraries
- FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a 2D platform-independent BSD-licensed game engine implemented in and for Haskell in 2002, using HOpenGL. As of 2010, it's still the only pure haskell general-purpose game engine. A more recent version is available on hackage, but this needs updating.
- Hipmunk: A Haskell binding for Chipmunk. Chipmunk is a fast, simple, portable, 2D physics engine. It is completely self-contained. See also HipmunkPlayground: a simple OpenGL program that allows you to see some of Hipmunk's functions in action.
- Hpysics is a physics engine written using Data Parallel Haskell during Google Summer of Code 2008.
- game-tree is a purely functional library for searching game trees - useful for zero-sum two player games.
- Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood on developing games with OpenGL in Haskell