Ghent Functional Programming Group
Revision as of 14:47, 7 May 2010
The "Functional Programming Group Ghent" (GhentFPG) is just starting up. We'll have a next meeting at the end of April/beginning of May (date to be selected with a doodle poll). Suggestions for talks are welcome!
1 Stay informed
- For up-to-date information, join our google group (this is like a mailing list)
- Or follow us on Twitter
2 Meeting information
2.1 May 13 Meeting
Our next meeting is on May 13, 2010 at 19:00 in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program is as follows:
- Atze Dijkstra: The Utrecht Haskell Compiler
- Jean-Christophe Mincke: An Introduction To Monads
- Drinks at a local bar
2.2 April 1 Meeting (First Meeting)
Our first meeting was on April 1, 2010. This was in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Jeroen Janssen - Welcome and short introduction to FP
- Jasper Van der Jeugt - "BlazeHtml: a blazingly fast Html generator in Haskell"
- Tom Schrijvers - "Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper"
- Romain Slootmaekers - "Functional Programming at Amplidata : a tentative experience report"
- Anonymous - "An introduction to PHunctional Programming"
- Short discussion on the direction of the Ghent Functional Programming Group