Ghent Functional Programming Group
(3rd time's the charm)
Revision as of 16:10, 20 June 2010
The "Functional Programming Group Ghent" (GhentFPG) is just starting up. We'll have a next meeting at June 29. The full program can be found online.
1 Stay informed
- For up-to-date information, join our google group (this is like a mailing list)
- Or follow us on Twitter
2 Meeting information
2.1 June 29 Meeting
Our third meeting will be on June 29, 2010. This is again in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, left entrance. The program will be as follows:
- Pierre Carbonnelle - Declarative programming for Business Logic - a new Open-source project
- Tom Schrijvers - Monadic Constraint Programming
- Wouter Kampmann, Lieven Lemiengre - Lightning Talk on Scala
Abstracts of the talks can be found in this google groups message.
2.2 May 13 Meeting
Our second meeting was on May 13, 2010 in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Atze Dijkstra: The Utrecht Haskell Compiler
- Jean-Christophe Mincke: An Introduction To Monads
- Drinks at a local bar
2.3 April 1 Meeting (First Meeting)
Our first meeting was on April 1, 2010. This was in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Jeroen Janssen - Welcome and short introduction to FP
- Jasper Van der Jeugt - "BlazeHtml: a blazingly fast Html generator in Haskell"
- Tom Schrijvers - "Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper"
- Romain Slootmaekers - "Functional Programming at Amplidata : a tentative experience report"
- Anonymous - "An introduction to PHunctional Programming"
- Short discussion on the direction of the Ghent Functional Programming Group