Ghent Functional Programming Group
The "Functional Programming Group Ghent" (GhentFPG) is just starting up. We'll have a next meeting at the end of April/beginning of May (date to be selected with a doodle poll). Suggestions for talks are welcome!
- For up-to-date information, join our google group (this is like a mailing list)
- Or follow us on Twitter
Our next meeting is on May 13, 2010 at 19:00 in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program is as follows:
- Atze Dijkstra: The Utrecht Haskell Compiler
The Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC, http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/UHC) is a full-fledged Haskell compiler intended to be experimented with. Internally, the code is aspectwise organized in such a way that (executable) compilers can be constructed from combinations of aspects. Domain specific languages are used to facilitate development, in particular attribute grammars (UUAG, Utrecht University Attribute Grammar system) are used extensively for tree-oriented programming. The development of UHC is interwined with both student and PhD projects: UHC gives rise to new research problems, and is a place where such research results can be made available.
- Jean-Christophe Mincke: An Introduction To Monads
- Drinks at a local bar
April 1 Meeting (First Meeting)
Our first meeting was on April 1, 2010. This was in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Jeroen Janssen - Welcome and short introduction to FP
- Jasper Van der Jeugt - "BlazeHtml: a blazingly fast Html generator in Haskell"
- Tom Schrijvers - "Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper"
- Romain Slootmaekers - "Functional Programming at Amplidata : a tentative experience report"
- Anonymous - "An introduction to PHunctional Programming"
- Short discussion on the direction of the Ghent Functional Programming Group