(we are HERE)
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 14:06, 29 August 2009
(29)-30 August 2009
 1 About
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
Hac 7 will be held on 30 August
- IRC channel: #haskell-hackathon (freenode)
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
 2 News
 3 Registration
 4 When
- Meetup - Saturday 29 August
09:30 at RCPE.* 10:00 - Henderson's Hanover Street * 19:00 - Corner of Hanover St and George closest to Henderson's
- Hack Day 09:30 on Sunday 30 August 2009.
 5 Talks
 6 Location
The RCPE - Rooms 4 and 5. See RCPE layout for details.
 7 Accommodation
Note that there may be some interest for renting a flat to share, especially for those who may be attending the ICFP. Let us know if you're interested!
 8 Preparations
 8.1 What to bring
- A laptop
- Wireless card if necessary. There will be wireless network access. Ethernet access will probably not be available. If you really need ethernet access, please contact the organizers.
- Mobile phone
 8.2 Before you arrive
- Pick out a couple of projects to work on and familiarise yourself with them, or bring your own project(s) to work on. See the projects page for a list of projects people plan to work on. If you plan to work on your own project, be sure to list it on the projects page and set up a public repository if you don't already have one, so that other people can help hack on your project.
- Install an up to date Haskell toolchain: at least ghc (preferably 6.10.*) and cabal-install. If you don't already have these installed (or need to install from scratch on the laptop you're bringing), the easiest way is probably to install the Haskell Platform.
 9 Contact
Eric Kow or Dougal Stanton
 10 Possible Attendees
Note: this section was just to gauge the level of interest in having a hackathon. To actually register, please visit the registration page.
 11 Organization
- Eric Kow (kowey)
- Dougal Stanton