The 2007 Haskell Hackathon, Hac 07
Oxford, Jan 10-12, 2007
Following the success of the GHC Hackathon at ICFP, we are pleased to announce that the inaugural Haskell Hackathon! The event will be held over 3 days, January 10-12 2007, at the Oxford University Computing Laboratory, in the UK.
The plan is to hack on Haskell infrastructure, tools, libraries and compilers. To attend please register, and get ready to hack those lambdas!
If you will be attending add your name to the Registration page. Numbers may be limited, depending on availablity of space.
10-12 January, 2007
from 10am until the code stops typechecking
Oxford University Computing Laboratory, UK
5 Getting there
5.1 Oxford University Computing Laboratory
- London Heathrow (LHR) is the best airport.
6 What to bring
- Laptop, wireless card, ethernet cable
- Brain snacks
7 Before you arrive
8 What we will bring
- Wireless net access
- Wired net access
- Room to hack
- Power points
9 What to hack on
A list of projects people want to work on. Add your list!
- porting libraries
- new library/tool releases
- compiler ports: want to get YHC running on your favourite machine?
- new tools
- infrastructure hacking: cabal, hackage
- bug squashing
- feature implementations (walk the Trac list)
Scheduling is flexible, feel free to drop in any time during the 3 days.
11 Key Dates
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9[10 11 12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- HaC07 Oxford January 10-12, 2007
- PADL, Nice/France, January 14-15 2007
- DAMP, Nice/France, January 16
- TLDI, Nice/France, January 16
- POPL, Nice/France, January 17-19 2007
- Duncan Coutts
- Ian Lynagh
- Don Stewart