FAQ for the Haskell Platform Projects
- Is the platform portable to Windows?
- Yes. Being able to work on windows is a hurdle for inclusion.
- What does the platform depend on?
- GHC and the core libraries.
- What is in the first release?
- The first release will be just extralibs, taken from GHC, with additional tools required to boostrap cabal-install.
- Who decides what is in, and what is out?
- There will be a formal process for library and tool inclusion or exclusion, based on quanititative metrics for quality and comprehensiveness of the code. Proposals for additions to the platform will have to satisfy these constraints.
Inclusion is not a personal decision by the core team, who act only as infrastructure coders.