Haskell Weekly News
The Haskell Weekly News (HWN) is a weekly newsletter covering developments in Haskell. Content includes announcements of new projects, discussions from the various Haskell communities, notable project commit messages, and more.
The Haskell Weekly News is available at:
Back issues are available:
- Contemplating code
- Syndicated to Planet Haskell.
- Online. in the darcs repository, and
- At The Haskell Sequence.
- A few back issues are available in Spanish.
The first issue of HWN was published on August 2, 2005. The founder, and initial editor was John Goerzen. In January 2006, Don Stewart took over as editor, succeeded by Brent Yorgey in June 2008, who was then succeeded by Joe Fredette in September 2009. In October 2010, Daniel Santa Cruz took over as editor.
The simplest way to contribute is to submit stories for HWN. You may e-mail your stories to dstcruz * at * gmail * dot * com. We welcome stories on any subject related to Haskell, including new project announcements, notable project developments, new Haskell papers, and Haskell in the media.
Hints For Contributors
To make things easiest for us to process (which makes it more likely that your submission gets processed quickly), here are some hints.
- Include links to whatever you are talking about. Readers need to have a place to go to read more about it.
- Keep it short and sweet. HWN gives people a summary of what's happening, and links to more information. Generally no more than a 4 or 5 sentence paragraph.
- Plain text or hand-edited HTML is required.
HWN presently uses Gmane.org for links into Haskell mailing list discussions. If you send us links into the mailing list, we prefer that you link to the appropriate items on Gmane. If not, you can link to them in the Haskell archives and we'll find the corresponding gmane posts ourselves. But please at least link to them somewhere.
The code used to produce the present version of the newsletter is not yet publicly available, as it is a complete hack design to get things started again.