1 Lambdacube Engine
Lambdacube is a 3D rendering engine entirely written in Haskell.
The main goal of this project is to provide a modern and feature rich graphical backend for various Haskell projects, and in the long run it is intended to be a practical solution even for serious purposes. The engine uses Ogre3D's mesh and material file format, therefore it should be easy to find or create new content for it. The code sits between the low-level C API (raw OpenGL, DirectX or anything equivalent; the engine core is graphics backend agnostic) and the application, and gives the user a high-level API to work with.
An application building on Lambdacube is composed of the following layers:
- optional components: e.g. loaders for various formats, physics engine
- generic core: resource handling, script loading, rendering
- render system: a thin abstraction layer
- 2009-09-22 - The summer report was presented at the JSSP meeting
- 2009-08-10 - Major public commit that went with the mid-summer report
- 2009-05-12 - Project announced to be among the JSSP winners
- 2009-03-31 - Application for Jane Street Summer Project sent in
- 2009-01-?? - Development started
- clean up code and upload it to Hackage
1.5.1 2009-09 - JSSP meeting
Tile Racer track loader:
Bullet physics integration:
1.5.2 2009-03 - Pre-summer mock-up
The code is released under GPLv3. I'm planning to switch to BSD3. Or maybe a dual license.
- Mesh file format
- geometry is supported
1.8 Used packages and programs