Research papers/Runtime systems
- Implementing lazy functional languages on stock hardware: the Spineless Tagless G-machine
- SL Peyton Jones, Journal of Functional Programming 2(2), Apr 1992, pp127-202. (Cited by 206)
- How to make a fast curry: push/enter vs eval/apply
- Simon Marlow and Simon Peyton Jones, Proc International Conference on Functional Programming, Snowbird, Sept 2004, pp4-15. (Cited by 6)
- Compiling Lazy Functional Programs to Java on the basis of Spineless Tagless G-Machine with Eval-Apply Model
- Byeong-Gyu Nam, Kwang-Hoon Choi and Taisock Han. Journal of KIISE:Software and Applications, vol. 29, issue 5, pages 326-335, 2002.
- The New GHC/Hugs Runtime System
- Simon Marlow and Simon Peyton Jones. (Unpublished.) (Cited by 6)
- The interactive Lazy ML System
- Lennart Augustsson, J. Funct. Program. 3(1): 77-92 (1993) (Cited by 3)
- Stretching the storage manager: weak pointers and stable names in Haskell
- Simon Peyton Jones, Simon Marlow, and Conal Elliott. Proc Workshop on Implementing Functional Languages, 1999.
- Putting the Spine back in the Spineless Tagless G-machine: An Implementation of Resumable Blackholes
- A. Reid, In Proceedings of Implementation of Functional Languages (IFL98), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 1595, pp 189-202, Springer Verlag, 1999.
- The Brisk Machine: A Simplified STG Machine
- Ian Holyer and Eleni Spiliopoulou. University of Bristol. Technical Report CSTR-98-003. March 1998.
- The Brisk Machine: the Next Step in the Execution of Functional Languages
- Eleni Spiliopoulou. Proceedings of Festival Workshop in Foundations and Computations, FC'00. July 2000.
- Cactus Environment Machine: Shared Environment Call-by-Need
- George Stelle, Darko Stefanovic, Stephen L. Olivier, and Stephanie Forrest. TFP(2016).
- The Generalized Intensional Transformation for Implementing Lazy Functional Languages
- Georgios Fourtounis, Nikolaos Papaspyrou, and Panos Rondogiannis. PADL(2013).
- On Inter-deriving Small-step and Big-step Semantics: A Case Study for Storeless Call-by-need Evaluation
- Olivier Danvy, Kevin Millikin, Johan Munk, and Ian Zerny. Theoretical Computer Science, 435:21–42, 2012.
- The GRIN Project: A Highly Optimising Back End For Lazy Functional Languages
- Urban Boquist and Thomas Johnsson. 8th International Workshop on Implementation of Functional Languages. LNCS 1268. September 1996.
- The Cache Behaviour of Large Lazy Functional Programs on Stock Hardware
- Nicholas Nethercote, In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Memory System Performance. 2003
- Formally-based profiling for higher-order functional languages
- PM Sansom and SL Peyton Jones, ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, 19(2), March 1997, pp 334-385.
- Time and space profiling for non-strict functional languages
- P Sansom and SL Peyton Jones, 22nd ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL'95), San Francisco, Jan 1995, pp355-366.
- Execution profiling for non-strict functional languages
- P Sansom, PhD thesis, University of Glasgow, Nov 1994.
- Heap Profiling of Lazy Functional Programs
- Colin Runciman and David Wakeling. York University. YCS-92-172. 1992.
- New Dimensions in Heap Profiling
- Colin Runciman and Niklas Rojemo. York University. YCS-95-256. 1995.
See also parallel garbage collection
- Exploring the Barrier to Entry: Incremental Generational Garbage Collection for Haskell
- Andy Cheadle, Tony Field, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, and Lyndon While, International Symposium on Memory Management, Vancouver, 2004.
- Non-stop Haskell
- Andy Cheadle, Tony Field, Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton Jones, and Lyndon While. ICFP 2000.
- Generational garbage collection for Haskell
- P Sansom and SL Peyton Jones Proc Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture (FPCA'93), Copenhagen, June 1993, pp106-116.
- An Incremental Garbage Collector for Embedded Real-Time Systems,
- Malcolm Wallace and Colin Runciman. Proceedings of Chalmers Winter Meeting, June 1993.
- Fixing some space leaks with a garbage collector
- Philip Wadler. Software Practice and Experience, 17(9):595-608, September 1987.
- Optimistic Evaluation: an adaptive evaluation strategy for non-strict programs
- Robert Ennals and Simon Peyton Jones, Proc ACM International Conference on Functional Programming, Uppsala, Aug 2003 (ICFP'03). Non-paywalled download.
- Eager Haskell: Resource-bounded Execution Yields Efficient Iteration
- Jan-Willem Maessen. Proceedings of the 2002 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 38 - 50. 2002 ISBN 1-58113-605-6
- Cheap Eagerness: Speculative Evaluation in a Lazy Functional Language
- Karl-Filip Faxn. ICFP 2000. September 2000.
- Plugging Haskell In
- Andre Pang, Don Stewart, Sean Seefried, and Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell, pages 10-21. ACM Press, 2004
- Dynamic Applications From the Ground Up
- Don Stewart and Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell, pages 27-38. ACM Press, 2005.
- A Loop-detecting Interpreter for Lazy, Higher-order Programs
- Alex Ferguson and John Hughes. The 1992 Glasgow Workshop on Functional Programming. 85-101
Foreign language interfaces
- Scripting COM components in Haskell
- SL Peyton Jones, E Meijer, and D Leijen, Software Reuse 1998.
- Calling hell from heaven and heaven from hell
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer, and Simon Peyton Jones. ICFP '99.
- Green Card: a foreign-language interface for Haskell
- T Nordin and SL Peyton Jones, Proceedings of the Haskell Workshop, Amsterdam, June 1997.
- Calling heaven from hell, and hell from heaven
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer and Simon Peyton Jones. ICFP'99
- C -> Haskell, or Yet Another Interfacing Tool
- Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Pieter Koopman and Chris Clack, editors, Implementation of Functional Languages, 11th. International Workshop (IFL'99), Springer-Verlag, LNCS 1868, 2000.
- H/Direct: A Binary Foreign Language Interface for Haskell
- Sigbjorn Finne, Daan Leijen, Erik Meijer and Simon Peyton Jones. Presented at the International Conference on Functional Programming, Baltimore, M
- Template Greencard
- A. Reid. To be presented at IFL 2003, 15th International Workshop on the Implementation of Functional Languages, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 8-10, 2003.
- Faster laziness using dynamic pointer tagging
- Simon Marlow, Alexey Rodriguez Yakushev, and Simon Peyton Jones. Submitted to ICFP 2007.