A range of Haskell User Groups are springing up all over. Also see a Map of Haskellers.
Regular meetings in a particular geographical area. Great if you want to see and meet other Haskellers.
- The Bay Area Functional Programmers group
- Meeting monthly in the San Francisco Bay area. See their blog for more details and news of upcoming meetings.
- PDXfunc: Portland FP Group
- Monthly meetings of the Portland, Oregon functional programming group. Meetings occur on the second Monday of each month at 7 pm. They are held at CubeSpace on 6th & Grant (directions), which generously provides the space free of charge.
- Seattle: Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group
- a Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group in Seattle.
- Vancouver, Canada: Haskell Programmers Group
- Regular informal meetings for local Haskell programmers/devotees.
- New York Functional Programmers Network
- Come and meet like-minded functional programmers in the New York area. The next meeting is at 6:30pm on February 26th, at Credit Suisse's offices. Paul Hudak from Yale will be giving a talk on real-time sound synthesis using Haskell. Please RSVP at the NYFPN Meetup Page.
- FringeDC Washington
- Meetings about functional programming languages in Washington DC.
- Chicago Haskell User Group — brand new (August 2009) and still organizing.
- FP-SYD, the Sydney (Australia) Functional Programming group
- FP hackers in Sydney.
- (FPU) Melbourne Functional Programming Union
- The FPU is a collective of functional programming language enthusiasts, which has been in operation since 1998. We are based at the University of Melbourne, in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, but we are open to all members of the community. We meet on a regular basis for lively discussions on topics broadly associated with the declarative programming paradigm.
- Brisbane Functional Programming Group
- A group for Functional Programming with Haskell, Scala and other languages.
- London Haskell User Group
- The first meeting of the London Haskell User Group took place on 23rd May 2007, at City University in central London
- Haskell in Leipzig
- Hal, they have videos online.
- Southampton University FPSIG
- The Functional Programming Special Interest Group of the University of Southampton is a meeting for people interested in FP and Haskell and meet weekly on Tuesdays at 11.30, on the Access Grid Room of Blg. 32
- Haskell User Group Zurich
- A user group for the haskell users residing in Zurich and surroundings. It's new and still being formed.
- Saint-Petersburg Haskell User Group
- The next meeting will be held in April, 2008.
- We had a first meeting in August 2008 and we are planning a second one sometime during the 2008/2009 Autumn/Winter season.
- Turkey Haskell Programmer's Group
- Formed by Turkish Functional Programmers, the group began to communicate via an e-mail list opened by core.gen.tr. The first contribution is hlibev project by Aycan iRiCAN.
- BILFP (Bilkent University Comp. Eng. Dept. Functional Programming Society) Turkey
- Project aims to improve people's knowledge and encourage the use of functional programming languages — especially in Turkey. Group is open to functional programming related discussions and establishes related presentations at Bilkent University that are open to anybody.
- Dutch HUG
- The Dutch HUG meets monthly in an informal setting.
- fp-southwales, the South Wales Functional Programming User Group
- Starting up in late 2009, based out of Swansea University.
- Haskell Users' Group for Brasil
- China Lisp User Group
- China Lisp User Group (CLUG) is the earliest founded Lisp user group in China.
Less regular, and move around. Usually have a few talks from invited speakers.
- AngloHaskell is a Haskell meeting held in England once a year.
- Australian Haskell Programmer's Group
- USAsian Haskell Programmer's Group
- Sing(apore)Haskell is a Haskell (and related languages) meeting in Singapore
- Sydney Area Programming Languages Interest Group
- 10am-4pm, June 12, 2007. Room T5, Building E7B, Macquarie University
- Utrecht Functioneel Programmeren dag 2008
- 11 januari 2008
Getting together to squash bugs and write new stuff. For a more complete list, see Hackathon.
- Hac 07 was held January 10-12, 2007, Oxford University Computing Laboratory
- HaL3 Hackathon
- HaL3 was held Apr 19-20, 2008, Leipzig
- Hac5 was held 17-19 April 2009 in Utrecht.
See the Conferences page for academic workshops and conferences focusing on Haskell and related technology